Mr. Zak joined Merchants in 1985 after a career in public accounting. Prior to his appointment as President and CEO in 1995, Mr. Zak held the position of Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer for the company.
State University of New York at Buffalo – Bachelor of Science, MBA with a concentration in Accounting and Economics
- Certified Public Accountant (Former)
Businesses and Philanthropic Organizations
Mr. Zak currently serves as a director or trustee of the following organizations:
- 100 Club of Buffalo and Western New York, Inc.
- Buffalo State College Council
- Insurance Agents & Brokers Foundation
- InVest Buffalo Niagara (formerly Buffalo Niagara Enterprise)
- National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies
- Prentice Family Foundation
- Rand Capital Corporation
Mr. Zak formerly served in a governance role for the following organizations: Canisius College Wehle School of Business Dean’s Advisory Council, Canisius High School, Great Lakes Health System, Kaleida Health, National Multiple Sclerosis Society of WNY, University at Buffalo School of Management Dean’s Advisory Council, and United Way of Buffalo & Erie County.