You can print automobile ID cards (per state guidelines, we will mail automobile ID cards to policyholders in New Jersey). In addition, you can also print Workers’ Compensation Posting Notices (per state guidelines, we will mail posting notices to policyholders in New Jersey and Vermont).
ePolicy and eBill is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To take advantage of this opportunity, you must log in to the policyholders website and then click on the Merchants’ “M” circled with green arrows.
ePolicy and eBill Frequently Asked Questions
You are in control of this process. You choose which documents you want to receive online and which ones you want to receive by mail. When new documents are available, we’ll send you an email with a link so you can log in and view, print or download the documents from our website.
- ePolicy – This feature eliminates paper documents. You’ll receive an email notification indicating when a current policy document is available on our website. You can save a PDF copy to your computer or view the document online whenever you need it.
- eBill – This feature eliminates the paper invoice. You will receive an email notification indicating when a current invoice is available on our website.
Our policyholders can enroll in electronic delivery by logging in to the Policyholders Login page at Merchantsgroup.com. If you do not already have a User ID and password to log in to our site, click on “Sign Up Now!” on the Policyholders Login page. Once you have completed the sign up process, log in and click “My Profile”, and then look for the electronic document delivery symbol.
Follow the easy and quick enrollment steps.
You will receive an email with a link so you can log in and view the documents on our site. The emails will come from support@Merchantsgroup.com, with the subject line pertaining to Merchants’ ePolicy or eBill.
Enrollment in either or both is optional, and you may revert to delivery via U.S. mail at any time. If all policies are on one invoice, and you decide to use eBill, all policies must be enrolled in eBill.
To access documents, log in to the Policyholders section of our website and from the menu options select “My Policies.” A list of policy documents available online will be displayed. Select the document you want to view.
- To change your email address, log in to our website and click on the “My Profile” button on your personalized “Welcome to Merchants Insurance Group” page. Delete your old email address and type in your new email address.
- To change your ePolicy or eBill delivery elections, click on the “My Policies” button to either enroll or unenroll in ePolicy or eBill.
No. You must select either ePolicy and/or eBill for the new policy by selecting “My Policies” from your personalized “Welcome to Merchants Insurance Group” page.
You will be able to print your automobile insurance ID cards from our Policyholders website. However, for those policyholders in New Jersey, per state guidelines, we must mail your ID cards to you.
Yes, and please remember to print your posting notices that are part of your policy. However, for those policyholders in New Jersey and Vermont, per state guidelines, your posting notices will be mailed to you.
To access ePolicy and eBill, you must be able to view the material on you monitor and print from internet sites.
Yes. To ensure your privacy, once you have enrolled, you will be required to log in each time you wish to access documents, using a personal ID and password.
You always retain your right to receive paper copies, and you may withdraw your consent for ePolicy and eBill at any time. To withdraw consent:
- Log in to our policyholder website and click “My Policies” and then click on “Unenroll ePolicy” or “Unenroll eBill.” We will resume paper delivery of subsequent policies and invoices. If you later decide to re-enroll, you must repeat the enrollment process.
You may also unenroll by downloading and mailing in the eBill / ePolicy Manual Opt Out form.Download Form
What else can I do in Merchants’ policyholder website?
You can review the status of your billing information, including your current billing invoice.
Electronic Funds Transfer
Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) is a secure enrollment billing service that allows you to automatically pay your bill from your checking or savings account from a bank or a credit union.Learn More
Merchants provides a variety of payment plans depending on your needs and policy types, including a one-time payment or a variety of payment options spread throughout the year.Learn More
The Merchants Mobile App is free to download to your mobile device and can be used for bill payment with an eCheck or credit card. With the app you can view your payment history, last payment date, payment amounts and payment due dates.Learn More
Providing quality property and casualty insurance protection since 1918