Experiencing any type of loss is stressful, and it’s important to report it as soon as possible. In all cases, it is Merchants’ goal to process your claim as quickly as possible, and to help get your life back to normal.
Ways to Report a Claim
Find your Agent
- Sign in to your Policyholder Account by clicking here.
- Click on “Report Auto Glass Claim.”
- Not registered for our policyholder’s website? Sign up today!
Have any questions signing up? Contact us at 800-362-3343 or email@example.comReport a Claim
Call 877-446-0431 to file your glass claim by phone.
This app is free to download and allows you to report a personal automobile claim.
How can I get Merchants Mobile app?
- To get started, log in to the Policyholder Login page. If you do not already have a user ID and a password for our policyholder website click “Sign Up Now!” and complete the information. Once you have established a username and password in our policyholder website, simply visit your respective app store and search for “Merchants Insurance”. The free app can be downloaded quickly and used immediately.
I previously downloaded Merchants Mobile to pay my bill. Is this the same app? Do I need to download it again?
- Merchants Mobile is one app where you can report a personal auto claim and pay all of your bills. If you downloaded it previously to pay your bill, you DO NOT need to download it again, but your mobile device will indicate the app needs to be updated for the new personal auto claim reporting information to appear.
What if I have questions that aren’t answered on the app site?
- You can still access our full website, www.merchantsgroup.com from your mobile device.
Other Claims Information
Merchants’ Roadside Assistance program is an optional coverage for personal auto policyholders in New York and provides you with services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week such as:
- Battery jump
- Flat tire
- Fuel, oil, fluid or water delivery
- Lockout assistance
To use this program you must call 1-866-328-5771 for service.
Assistance obtained through any source other than through the service number is not covered and is not reimbursable.
Catastrophe claims are rare, but when they do occur, they affect large numbers of policyholders and generally cause extensive damage. Catastrophes are usually triggered by natural disasters such as hurricanes, floods, high winds, hailstorms, heavy snowstorms or tornadoes.
When a catastrophe loss has been declared, Merchants will provide a dedicated claim reporting number on our website.
When a policyholder reports a fraudulent insurance claim with Merchants Insurance Group, they rob each and every policyholder.
Merchants is committed to stopping these criminals. That’s why we have established the Special Investigation Unit, our team of highly trained experts who combat insurance fraud. You can be part of that team by providing any information about people who have committed insurance fraud, or intent to commit insurance fraud against Merchants.
Just call the Merchants Insurance Group Fraud Tip-Line at 800-401-6695, 24 hours a day. We’re in this together. Together we can stop it!
Contact Merchants by Phone
Call Merchants to report your claim during business hours 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday
- Massachusetts: 800-258-3574
- Michigan: 800-952-5246
- New Hampshire: 800-258-3574
- New Jersey: 800-322-8608
- New York: 800-952-5246
- Ohio: 800-952-5246
- Pennsylvania (Eastern): 800-322-8608
- Pennsylvania (Western): 800-952-5246
- Vermont: 800-258-3574
- To report a Cyber Liability claim, please call 800-952-5246
- To report an Auto Glass claim, please call 877-446-0431
- All Others: 800-952-5246
After business hours, call Merchants to report your claim at 888-644-6680
Providing quality property and casualty insurance protection since 1918