Merchants Insurance Group is proud to announce the company’s outstanding results from the recent annual agent satisfaction survey conducted by the Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of New York (IIABNY).
The IIABNY survey categorizes insurance carriers as “national” (providing coverage throughout the country), “super regional” (providing coverage in multiple states) and “regional” (for companies that write only in New York State.)
Merchants ranked first in commercial lines among “super regional carriers” and third among all commercial lines carriers in the state.
To evaluate a carrier, IIABNY members were asked, “How does your experience with this carrier rate with respect to each of the following ideals?”:
- Underwriters are empowered, responsive and consistent.
- Technology and documentation are easy to use.
- Keeps its promises, treats me, my agency and my customers with honesty and
- Treats our relationship as a real partnership.
- Field and office personnel have a relationship with me and my customers, and they are very responsive.
- Profit sharing and commission arrangements are fair.
Merchants is focused on providing superior customer service, quick response times and settling claims issues accurately and fairly. For the past several years, the Buffalo-based company has focused on increasing the use of technology for agents and policyholders.