Welcome to another episode of IDKs & FAQs: Insurance Defined with Merchants Insurance Group!
In the last episode, Sherri Oliver, Product Specialist II at Merchants Insurance Group, explained what workers’ compensation (commonly referred to as “workers’ comp”) is and why it’s important. If you missed it, click here to watch!
Today, Sherri joins us again to answer a question about workers’ comp:
“Do I need workers’ comp if I work alone?”
The short answer? Yes! Workers’ comp still provides protection even if you work alone. Watch the episode above to learn how!
Ready to discuss your business’s insurance needs?
Use our Find an Agent tool to locate an independent insurance agent near you!
IDKs & FAQs: Insurance Defined with Merchants Insurance Group
We know that insurance can sometimes be a confusing and even intimidating subject, but it doesn’t have to be. In this video series, industry experts at Merchants Insurance Group share their expertise! Each episode answers your questions, from defining insurance industry terms to specific questions about Merchants’ coverage options.
Explore other episodes of IDKs & FAQs: Insurance Defined with Merchants Insurance Group, where we answer questions such as:
- In the first episode of IDKs & FAQs, Territory Manager Danny Marmion talks about business insurance — specifically, how an independent agent can help you select new coverage for your business. What do we mean by “independent agent”? What are the benefits of using an independent agent to purchase your insurance? Where should you start with finding new coverage for your business? How do you know what insurance your business needs? This episode answers these questions and more!
- In this two-part episode of IDKs & FAQs: Claims Spotlight, Derek Guarino, Customer Experience Supervisor at Merchants Insurance Group, shares what you should do if you are involved in a car accident.
- This episode highlights some of the resources available to our policyholders in our MyMerchants policyholder portal, with the help of Audrey Webb, Corporate Services Support Center Supervisor.
- Josh Gavlock, Product Specialist I at Merchants Insurance Group, explains what inland marine coverage is, what it covers, and why it’s important for contractors to understand this component of their insurance!
- Derek Guarino, Customer Service Supervisor, explains what an auto claim is, when to report it, and why it’s important to report your auto claim to your insurance.
- Audrey Webb, Corporate Services Support Center Supervisor at Merchants Insurance Group, explains how our customers can opt into paperless, electronic communications from Merchants rather than standard mail!
- Rachel Reid, Team Leader in Merchants’ Support Center, explains the option our policyholders have to pay via electronic funds transfer (EFT), a secure service that allows you to automatically pay your bill directly from your bank or credit union.
- In this episode, we talk about commercial auto coverage. What is commercial auto coverage? Why does your business need it? What does a commercial auto policy cover that your regular, personal auto policy doesn’t? This video addresses these questions and more with the help of Kelly Kompf, Associate Product Manager II at Merchants Insurance Group.
- Derek Guarino, Customer Experience Supervisor, answers questions about deductibles, such as:
- What is a deductible?
- What’s the difference between a high deductible and a low deductible?
- How can I determine which plan is right for me?
- Sherri Oliver, Product Specialist II, talks about the wide variety of insurance products that Merchants Insurance Group offers and how our coverage can protect your business. She’ll tell you why Merchants is a great fit to protect your business and how you can find out more about our business insurance options today!
- Workers’ compensation, commonly referred to as workers’ comp, provides essential protection to employees in the event of a work-related injury or illness. In this episode of IDKs & FAQs, Sherri Oliver, Product Specialist II, explains what workers’ compensation is, how it works, what it covers, and why it’s so important to have.